Saturday, July 10, 2021

Pork Chop Rub

It was hot yesterday, in the 100 degree range. Weather like that demands grilling outside, if for no other reason than to keep the house a bit cooler. I knew I didn't have anything to grill, and as I started to think about what I was going to buy, I felt that I needed to fix something I usually don't. Pork chops spring to mind, and when I got to the store, I found they were less than $1.30/lb. That was less than half of the price for any kind of beef.
I didn't want to just grill them plain, so I started to look up recipes online. I found this rub at heygrillhey.com, and tried it. Here's my modification.

Ingredients

3 Tbs brown sugar
3 Tsp kosher salt
1-1/2 Tsp cracked pepper
1-1/2 Tsp paprika
3/4 Tsp ground mustard
1/2 Tsp cayenne pepper

Combine all ingredients. Prepare a grill for cooking and allow to heat to 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Sprinkle the rub into 4 pork chops and rub into the meat. Sear on each side 2-3 minutes, then move to indirect heat for 5-8 minutes until an internal temperature of 145 degrees is reached. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving to preserve internal moisture.

No comments:

Post a Comment